Kellogg chooses The Talent ARC Family of Companies as their embedded Operations, Supply Chain and Maintenance Recruiting Firm!
After a multi-year contract with a large national RPO, Kellogg faced a unique set of recruiting challenges. Kellogg’s reality was that the RPO had struggled to survive during slow hiring years, and the world’s largest cereal producer was on the brink of a massive effort to replenish U.S. Plant and Logistics leadership levels.
With extended Cycle times of 60+ days, inaccurate data that produced unreliable reports, and customer satisfaction scores well below acceptable levels, something needed to change.
With no internal recruiting capabilities or allocated resources, and with a vendor owned Applicant Tracking System, Kellogg not only needed an operations and maintenance recruiting firm who could manage the plant replenishment project, but needed a partner to help support their transition to an internal recruiting model and Kellogg owned ATS (Taleo).
With recruiting expertise across all supply chain and manufacturing functions, and process creation & systems capabilities, Talent ARC was the perfect operations and maintenance recruiting firm to help Kellogg with this important transition.
Kellogg engaged Talent ARC as a dedicated operations and maintenance recruiting firm, charged with plant replenishment delivery, ATS process development, and helping to recruit new employees to Kellogg’s internal talent acquisition team.
A Road Map to Success
Understanding that the success of the engagement was ultimately tied to the relationships and process delivery at the plants, TA leadership hit the road on site tours of the plants.
While developing relationships and service level agreements with plant leadership was the main objective, equally important to the plan was the collection of intelligence needed to construct site specific sourcing plans for each facility.
Utilizing Talent ARC’s Recruitment Process Playbook, 7-Step Recruiting Process and Master Talent Assessment tools, Talent ARC recruiters began nationally executing the localized sourcing plans through targeted, outbound recruiting efforts.
Leveraging employer branding materials and a candidate experience process created by Talent ARC’s engagement team, immediate results not only significantly exceeded Kellogg’s expectations, but far surpassed the industry average for an operations and maintenance recruiting firm.
A High Performing Operations and Maintenance Recruiting Firm
Key metrics maintained throughout the duration of the engagement, and across the 300+ leadership level hires Talent ARC delivered include:
- Cycle Time average – <27 days
- Offer Acceptance – 98%
- Interview to Offer – 61%
- MGR Phone IV to Interview -89%
- Submit to MGR Phone IV – 90%
- TA Screen to Candidate Submit – 10%
Sourcing Plan Effectiveness
- 72% of the 300+ positions Talent ARC filled were produced through outbound sourcing efforts (not candidates who applied through the Kellogg Careers portal)
- <25% of the candidates place required relocation assistance
- 35% Under-Represented Candidate Hire Rate, +40% Under-Represented Candidate Submission Rate
- 27% Military Veteran Hire Rate
- Produced multiple hires at <1 day time to fill (proactive hiring)
- Candidates averaged greater than 6 years of prior food industry experience
Paying For Ourselves… 4 Times Over!
With a total projected cost savings and avoidance of greater than $8 Million over the course of the engagement, Talent ARC savings produced equaled nearly 4 times more than that of the total fees Talent ARC collected during the engagement!
Additional Engagement Highlights Talent ARC Produced Include:
- Hired multiple members of Kellogg’s current talent acquisition team
- Contributed to the development internal recruiting process still used by Kellogg today
- Served as a SME contributor on Kellogg’s Taleo implementation and process development team
- Coached plant leadership on candidate experience and employer branding delivery
- Hosted 20+ plant based interview day hiring events for Supervisor and Manager level candidates, filling over 95% of the host plants current openings (including the introduction of proactive hiring)
- Helped position Kellogg’s internal recruiting team for success long after the engagement
But What Does Kellogg Have to Say About Our Operations and Maintenance Recruiting Firm?
“I have had the pleasure of developing and building a partnership with Yuri and his team to support a massive recruitment effort with my company. They quickly deployed a team of top-notch Recruiters that were able to quickly establish effective working partnerships with our leaders, understand our business, and even drive process improvements with our current Recruiting process. Through Talent ARC’s partnerships, we improved the recruitment process while attracting and hiring great talent, all while reducing agency fees and additional associated recruiting expenses. Yuri and the Talent ARC Team are some of the best recruitment partners I have had the pleasure to work and partner with and I highly recommend him as a valued partner.”
Angela Sternburgh Ph.D. – Sr. Director of Global Recruiting – Kellogg Company
Your Next Operations and Maintenance Recruiting Firm Partner
If you’re looking for more from an operations and maintenance recruiting firm, Talent ARC is ready to exceed your expectations, just like we did for our friends at Kellogg.
With process perfected over thousands of hires, we’re confident you too will make The Talent ARC Family of Companies your go to operations and maintenance recruiting firm.
Ready to see what Talent ARC can do for you? Call 1.888.776.9615 today!